Draft Schedule – Subject to Change
|7:30 am||Registration Opens|
|9:00 am||Fun Race (Short Course)|
|10:00 am||Open Race (4.5 mile)|
|12:00 pm||Lunch & Marine Festival Begin|
|1:00 pm||Kids & Relay Races|
|1:30 pm||Explore Your MPA (til 3:30 pm)|
|2:30 pm||Awards Ceremony|
|4:00 pm||Event Close|
Live music by ALL-STAR cover band including:
- Rami Jaffee on keys (Foo Fighters/The Wallflowers)
- Christopher Thorn on guitar (BLind MeLoN, AWOLNATION)
- Sean Hurley on bass (Vertical Horizon/John Mayer)
- Jessy Greene on violin (P!nk, Foo Fighters)
- Jonny Kaplan on vocals and guitar (The Lazy Stars)
- Mario Calire on drums (The Wallflowers/Ozomotli)
Plus, live set by local band THE SMASHUP!
ALL AFTERNOON: EXPLORE YOUR MPA
ON THE WATER
Dive into the Point Dume State Marine Reserve: one of two Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) off LA County’s coastline, where fishing is limited in order to help revive the aquatic ecosystem. Learn from local marine science experts about the incredible life forms thriving just below the surface, and how our activities impact them… Or, just get on a board and have fun! MPAs are ideal for ocean recreation. The afternoon program includes:
- Board Demos
- Snorkeling, hosted by Malibu Divers
- Small Group Eco-Tours, hosted by Paddle Method SUP (pending conditions. prior SUP experience recommended)
Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards provided by 360 Go Anywhere!
ON THE SAND
Back on the beach, enjoy live music and drinks, and check out booths hosted by our sponsors and partners in safeguarding local MPAs!
Plus, participate in a seaside yoga class led by Zoe Welch and hosted by Sand Sisters!
Lunch is provided by Paradise Cove Beach Cafe and will be served from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.
Questions? Contact EVENTS@lawaterkeeper.org or (310) 394-6162 x106
Header photo courtesy of Benjamin Morris.